SPECIAL: IAmTri members use code "IAMTRI" to get instant $50 gift to use on this camp! Click here to register today!
The Ironman Coeur D' Alene Training Camp, coached by Ben Greenfield, runs Sunday, May 16- Wednesday May 19, 2010, and is specifically designed to completely prepare you for the race course, race day tactics and nutrition and pacing strategies for Ironman Coeur D' Alene!
The camp, which is open to anyone capable of a Half or Full Ironman triathlon, includes:
* daily coached workouts, guided by support vehicles and "sag wagons"
* all mechanical and nutrition support on rides
* instructions, maps and details for all swims, rides and runs
* camp lectures and education
Campers are responsible for non-training meals and lodging. All education sessions and lectures will take place at Pilgrim's Wellness Center on 4th St. in Coeur D' Alene.
* Sunday, May 16: 2pm meet & greet, 1 hour race strategy preview + 30 minute Q&A. Trip to lake for afternoon open water swim, followed by hill ride, Liberty Lake out-and-back on old Ironman course. Group dinner downtown Coeur D' Alene.
* Monday, May 17: 9am city park yoga session followed by morning coached open water swim session. 12pm: 30 minute bike course and nutrition overview + full double-loop ride of the course (112 miles). 20 minute brick run off the bike. Evening pizza feed at the Greenfield's.
* Tuesday, May 18: 9am city park yoga session followed by morning coached open water swim session. 12pm: 30 minute run strategy and nutrition overview + full single loop of run course (13.2 miles). Option to go longer at 16 miles if desired.
* Wednesday, May 19: 8am coffeeshop social at Java on Sherman. 9am triathlon core & calisthenics workout. 12pm: 40K hilly ride (CDA Scenic Challenge course). 3pm: final camp party and early dinner at White House in Post Falls.
Campers must register by March 31st to take advantage of early-bird $499 registration. After March 31st, April 1-May 1 camp registration is $599. Click here to register today!